Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Desert Fun Video

Default High Desert Fun Video

I went out the other morning and made a little video of landing on some hills. Hope you guys enjoy!

https://youtu.be/9mbXnh6YusA

Trent

Default Re: High Desert Fun Video

Wow, Trent!
    Thanks!
    I enjoyed that very much. Chilly Fun!
    Reid

Another Great One. Thanks Trent
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Fantastic! Thanks Trent.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Great Video. Can't do anything like that in KY, unless you land on a strip mine!

Dick B

Great video! GREAT AIRPLANE! I'm glad you're promoting it (and maybe yourself a little :-) in these sensational films. Eat your hearts out Cubs and Highlanders.
    Thanks, Trent.

Flood have you ever flow a Highlander or a Cub? I've flown both. The 2 old Cubs I flew were both ready for the scrap yard or a complete rebuild, I wouldn't spend the money on a Cub, I was not impressed in the least. I don't care for tandem seating, they are slow, and I flew with an instructor. I refused to continue flying the first so we got in the newer plane. Never again!

I've also flown both a Highlander, and a SuperSTOL, I personally prefered the SuperSTOL.

In my opinion, the Highlander & Kitfox performed almost identically. The fit and finish on the Highlander I flew was no where near as nice as my Kitfox SLSA or as nice as most of the experimentals Kitfoxes I have seen and rode in.

The SuperSTOL I flew definitely could take off & land a lot shorter than both my Kitfox SLSA and the Highlander I flew. The SuperSTOL build quality was comparable to my Kitfox SLSA. It took off & climbed unbelievable, landing was a little intimidating. The SuperSTOL cruise was a little slower than my Kitfox SLSA. My Kitfox Cruise at 5200 RPM is about 100 to 105 MPH. The SuperSTOL was right at 95 MPH, not a Hugh difference.

All in all the fit & finish on most Kitfoxes is much better, if I compared a Kitfox SLSA to a Highlander tge Kitfox is a little nicer, but flys about the same. If I compare the Kitfox to the SuperSTOL I prefer the SuperSTOL, but damned they are very very expensive Kits, their kit cost almost as much as 2 Kitfox Kits. So for the money your getting more cruise with the Kitfox, and save about $32,000 on the kit cost.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hey Trent. If they gave Oscars for the best Kitfox videos, you'd be a winner. I've been following your videos for a while now. I think this may be your best yet. Being the owner/builder of a fat tired model 4, your videos really gets my blood flowing. Keep 'em coming. James Thomas

Trent, awesome work on the videos. My 14yo cannot get enough of them...you make flying cool!

I shared your video with the guys build our Model 4 and here was the response from one of them:

"Those are great KitFox videos. I had not seen them before. I lived just North of Reno, Nevada where these were filmed. I flew in a glider off one of those salt flats when I was about 21 years old with a Crusty and Dusty old Cowboy who liked to fly gliders and drink beer. He lived on an old ranch out in the desert beside one of those salt flats in the video.
    In those hills that the Kitfox is landing on, I used to dig fossils, and look for opals and gold all over that area."

There is just something pretty cool about a story like that.