Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Battery Do You Use?

Default Re: What Battery Do You Use?

I think you are right John, but its only a small amount. Since the battery on the firewall is about the same distance ahead of the CG as the baggage is behind the CG, a 10 lb heavier battery will allow about 10 lb more baggage without affecting CG.

I have the Aerovoltz lightweight battery and I nearly always go over max gross (1320 lbs) before I go out of CG range no matter how I configure my load. So I would make my battery choice based on other factors. The thing I really, really like about the Lithium battery is the way it holds charge. I can let the plane sit for a month or more in the winter and it will not lose even a 1/10 of a volt. I never hook up a trickle charger or "battery minder".
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: What Battery Do You Use?

I'm in the process of selecting a battery (likely an AGM). In reviewing the batteries mentioned in this forum, I'm am surprised at no mention of using a Yuasa as these seem to be almost the default battery on motorcycles.
    Is anyone using Yuasa or have rationale for not using one?
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon