Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
Ok, my previous posts were slanted at cheering for Trent.

However, I have give Mike with Draco his due. He did an amazing job at modifying a Wilga to be Draco, a fire breathing dragon. He did win.

But, considering how the STOL drags are set up, with a focus on moderating the differences of power and STOL performance.. heavier planes needing more time to stop the mass than lighter planes faster planes needing more time to stop, it does equalize the performance variables to give a reasonable equalizing of different platforms.

But, the brackets, based on qualifying runs do determine some losers in the matrix. I wonder what the recorded times of everyones runs was. That will give a better idea of the final results.

Congratulations Trent, on being the best non turpo prop, reverse pitch performance.

Ralph
You know, I think they could keep Draco, making a no beta option would really level the field and I don't think he would have won.

Your comment about times wouldn't be accurate. The wind vs no wind times varied by 5 seconds and the wind picked up a lot from the start of the races to the finish. Toby Ashley's no wind run qualified around 1:22 something. His third place run was 1:27 so that give you an idea of how much wind changes times.

Steve Henry was 1:22 when he lost to Draco in low wind so everyone thinking Steve would have beat Trent isn't necessarily the case.