Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Southern Alberta wagon wheel

Default Southern Alberta wagon wheel

It's -20C plus wind chill. Time to post our trip this summer. We did a club fly out instead of flyin. Had 8 aircraft and lots of camping. We tryed to hit private strips where possible. Stopped in or near Medicine Hat, Hanna, WETaskiwin, Vulcan, coulee, and back to Lethbridge. It was spread over five days. Weather mostly good with some showers. Planes were an RV9, 750, taylorcraft, magnum, couple of ultra lights(can't remember the names) and my kitfox. We had so much fun another will be planned for this next year as well. As I figure it out I will add more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Southern Alberta wagon wheel

You need to take your bird to Edmonton sometime in the spring.

Hi Mic
    Maybe next summer, let me know when you guys are doing your flyout and I could plan my annual "prairie" trip at the same time. Seems like you might need another fox on your wing. This year I bypassed your area and turned north east at Nanton for Drumheller and Hanna.
    Cheers
    Don

Camping the first night

A recently completed 750. There are 5 more 750 in our club nearing completion.

image - Copy.jpg

Early morning sunrise. A great time was had by all. I was reminded again how fun my kitfox is. I think the group got frustrated with me cause I always arrived last. Where have you been? I'm not sure why everyone likes to go in a straight line. My spot tracker looked like a crazed snake. My flight time for the whole trip was a couple hours longer than everyone else. I love flying and looking at stuff. My highest altitude was only 1200 feet but most often at 3-400. There were times I was 20 miles off the straight track. Did I mention I love flying? Your local Kitfox flyer with ADD. Have a great day.

Wannafly,
    GOOD ON YA! First, for having and using SPOT. A great tool and a life saver. Second, for flying like a Crazed Snake! (I like the term) Now, that's the way to fly. And I agree that 3-400 is a good cruise altitude.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Hi Don

I will keep you up to speed on next summer fly out. I have been toying with the idea of going to Oshkosh this coming year. A lot has to line up farming wise for that to happen. That's why I am a bit reluctant to invite others to jion me. BUT if the ducks line up would you be interested in going? I've never been and want to camp under my kitfox wing(bucket list)