Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Anyone have any experience with Roger Lee in AZ?

Default Anyone have any experience with Roger Lee in AZ?

I am at wits end trying to get my 912 running how I think it should be running. I am guessing I now have a bad ignition module. Unfortunately, that danged white crap has settled onto my property and since I have no heat in my hangar, I need to haul the plane somewhere to diagnose the problem. I was thinking of removing the wings and trailering it to AZ over Christmas since I will be going down there to visit the kids over the holiday season.
    There aren't any Rotax guru's in my area and honestly can't devote the time to work on it in a cold hangar. I googled Rotax repair places in the vicinity of where I was going and Mr. Lee's name popped up. Any comments on his business would greatly be appreciated. Good or bad, let me know. If you prefer to, a pm is ok.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Roger Lee in AZ?

We have a very, VERY good Rotax guy right here at my home field, KRRL.

Park City Aviation. Seven 15-536-202 Four.

A lot closer to you than Arizona.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks Larry! I am guessing it is a wiring issue again or the ignition modules. I had a similar issue when I first got the plane. It was the wires that go to the module had breaks within the insulation. A real bugger to trace. I wonder if I would be better off just replacing the entire igniton system with the new style. Not sure I can handle that expense.
    Maybe I can give them a call. Sort of 'out of my direction of travel' but i wouldn't be hauling it for several thousand miles. I guess if I have to bring it over, drive home, then back to get it I really won't save much though. Something to look at. Thanks!

Regarding Roger Lee, I read the Rotax Owner.com forum all the time and Roger is probably the main contributor. He seems extremely knowledgeable and well respected by everyone on that forum.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Leading Edge Airfoils do lots of Rotax work also. They are in Lyons Wi. JImChuk