FYI. I have been flying with the SkyguardTWX unit for about two years.

Am very pleased with it and it shows traffic n weather on my Ifly 720 , Ipad and Iphone. It too is a simple installation.

For those of you that are electronically challanged like me, let me share a little story.

I have a TrigTrio TT31 mode S transponder that sends out a 1090 out signal to the ADSB system. So when I installed the Skyguard, it has a connection for a 978? UAT out signal, in addition to two connections for antennas to receive the 978 and 1090 "in" signals.

So, as I said, being electronically challanged, I figured I should install an antenna and turn on the 978 out signal. I too installed the 978 antenna behind the baggage compartment on the inside of the airplane.

So, I'm happily flying along seeing traffic n weather, and for some reason, I always had a target showing up right on my six o'clock and right on my tail. I figured it might be something called ghosting. Remember, I'm EC

Next I get this nice letter from the FAA asking me to please give them a call cause I'm doing something to mess up their Adsb system. (The guy I worked with really was very nice).

OK, long story short, I was transmitting two "out" signals. One on 978 and the other on 1090. Big NoNo. Now I understood why the airplane on my six o'clock was so close; it was me.

So, I turned off the Skyguard 978 out signal and removed the antenna. This fixed the problem and now the FAA is happy.

It did feel kinda strange getting a printout from thr FAA showing all my flights. Where I took off n where I landed and when I flew. No more anonymity, so Big Brother really is watching n keeping the data.

Hope this helps somebody to not make the mistake I did

Rodney