Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for a motorized tow bar (tail wheel)

Default Looking for a motorized tow bar (tail wheel)

My wife needs a bit of help to get our Kitfox (tail dragger) in and out of the hangar.

Anyone know of some good motorized tail wheel dollies/tow bars out there?

Default Re: Looking for a motorized tow bar (tail wheel)

For moving trailers in tight places, I thought a small dolly with a trailer ball on top. To move it copy the principal of a ratchet wrench. A gear fixed to the main axel with two drive wheels. A single castreing wheel on the back to stabilize the thing. To move it engage the ratchet paul and pump the handle up and down. To go the other direction flip the paul the other way. If you built a tailwheel cradle on top instead of the trailer ball it should move your plane just fine, and the batteries never go dead. This is just a design in my head right now I'm busy building my SS 7. I found this would be very useful for my p/u with camper and a 17' boat in tow. Just try the campground game of backing from a 10' wide road turning 90degrees into a camp site with trees at the edges of the pavement. It's much easer to un hitch then push 2000lbs of boat in first, Uphill! ! And when my plane is finished and I'm trailering it.....25' Long???