Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/16" Bronze lexan

Default Re: 1/16" Bronze lexan

There may be some correlation between solar energy and UV transmittance, but that's not what the measurement is. Solar energy %, is measuring heat transfer through the material. Clear - 85% of the heat transfers through and 2412 only 35% through.

Although, bronze 2412 only lets 25% of the light through - visible light measured at 6500 deg. Kelvin (normal daylight). So it's pretty dark. Might try getting a small piece of film with the same light transmittance (sample from car shop) and seeing if you really want it that dark.

Also, be aware the spec numbers (2000 series) you've given usually refer to plexiglass - in this case Acrylite, not polycarbonate - Lexan. Bronze Lexan usually uses 5000 series numbers. Might be why it is much less expensive than I would expect. Worth looking into/verifying.

Your thickness range is about right, some acrylics (depending on which one you actually end up using) have a bending radius of 100 times their thickness.

Greg

the colors are examples.I have a piece of the lexan bronze here at home but not big enough to use on anything,..it is the same shade as the 2412,..the other examples are not from the same vendor,..but only examples to give an idea of advantage or disadvantage of using tinted lexan
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Sabic Plastics

Naperville Chicago Illinois office number
    Tel: 630-428-4350

I called the St Louis office number

Tel: 314-738-0088

or use this link to find an outlet near you

http://www.sabicpolymershapes.com/po...r/branchus.jsp
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 10-16-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Ah, Good info for me to keep in mind for future use! I wasn't questioning your wanting to use tinted Lexan, I was questioning whether you were really getting what you wanted. As, anywhere I have bought Lexan in the past, the price point was at least 3 times the price quoted to you. Their minimum and shipping charges though, might be where they are making their money - pretty damn high! Or they just don't like dealing direct with consumers!

Greg

Could be Greg, or the 168 sheets in chicago was ordered by another and then backed out, and they need to move it, i have also bought allot of lexan for various reasons, once in a while you
    Can get some deals on it, i have also bought delrin and other plastic composition products onlinemetals based in houston missouri carry's allot of the exotics but no lexan dang it
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

VA appt in am, bunch of X rays gotta hit the sheets color me gone
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL