Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Landing light

Default Landing light

Any experience installing the Microsun (LED) landing light in the molded wingtips from Kitfox? Looks to be a tight fit if I do any trimming of the fiberglass wingtip. Will be using the Kestrel LSA Nav lights as they sure look like the way to go. jb

Default Re: Landing light

I installed the Aeroleds product in my Kitfox Series 7 wingtips.

Have you looked at the Aeroleds Nav light offering?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by War Eagle; 10-06-2012 at 07:45 PM.

I used the SunLite product in my RV and plan on the MicroSun in my Kitfox 7. I know John McBean has three of these in the factory demo he flies, two in the wingtips and one in the center cowl inlet.

Also, the Pulsar NSPs are more than the other product your looking at but that's what I plan on using for Nav/Strobe/Position lights.

So far as installation goes, unless you have the short wing tips you should be able to get them in with room to spare.
    Tom T

I do have the factory short wingtips that have the moldings for both the Microsun and navlights. Wasn't sure about the mounting bracket for the landing light but if I do much trimming on the fiberglass it's going to be close.

Jeff...
    You shouldn't need a "mounting bracket" and very little triming of the tip should be required. There will be some body work to get a good fit.. but they are pretty close...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"