Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Needing Reinforcement tape

Default Needing Reinforcement tape

I am almost ready for rib lacing my second wing, I am short about 20 feet of 1/2" reinforcement tape. Does anyone have some left overs? Will gladly pay for tape and shipping!!!!! Dont want to pay for a full roll and shipping from aircraft spruce!.

Either pm me or my cell is 402-750-8916

Thanks Patrick

Default Re: Needing Reinforcement tape

did you find what you needed? I may have some
    john

I also ran out of tape when I was doing the lacing. Debra at Kitfox sold me just the number of feet I needed. I didn't have to buy a whole roll. Good people.

Jim

Hey thanks guys for getting back to me reguarding the tape I needed! I called Kitfox and they were nice enough to get me what I needed!!!
    Thanks Kitfox and everyone else for all the advice!!!

Patrick.

What is the the length amount of 1/2" reinforcement tape needed to complete the rib stitching. I'm getting ready to order supplies for the wing build. AS&S has three offerings, Polyfiber, Ceconite, and Superflite. The superflite is cotton and generally is used for rib stabilization which the KF doesn't require. However, it is way cheaper and I wonder whether it might be usable for rib lacing.

Besides the length amount needed does anyone have knowledge about using a cotton reinforcement tape?

I haven't used cotton, but I recommend that you follow the Poly Fiber manual as closely as possible. I think the cotton tape is very thin, and doesn't have an adhesive back. There's a reason that two different products exist.

You should need about 200 feet total. I'm not sure 1 roll will quite get you there.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

The one roll that came with the kit was a little short, but Debra was able to sell me a few extra feet.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS