Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Annual Inspection Parts & Supplies

Default Annual Inspection Parts & Supplies

I’m gearing up to perform my first annual Inspection on a Kitfox Super Sport (Rotax 912 ULS). My plan is to have a colleague who is an A&P as my “second set of eyes”. I have my LSA Repairman certificate and the Kitfox docs.

I’d like some advice on what parts or supplies I should have on hand (i.e. plugs, brake pads, lubricants, et.).

Default Re: Annual Inspection Parts & Supplies

If this is your first year after build , you probably won't need much other than tools and for lubricants- LPS 1&2 , and triflow for rod ends. Brake wear should be minimal (just finished my 14th condition inspection and the brakes pads and disc were still in limits) I am not a Rotax guy so I duon't know the requirements there-I'm sure otheres will chime in. Bruce N199CL

Oil and oil filter, carbon monoxide card replacement (I replace mine annually although they say they are good for 18 months), grease for tailwheel and wheel bearings, air filter recharge kit (if you have a K&N type air filter).
    -Mike Kraus
    RV-4 built and sold :-(
    RV-10 built and flying
    KitFox SS7 built and flying and now on amphib floats!

Just prior to an annual or a 100/200 hour engine inspection I always quickly read thru the appropriate checklist to remind myself what parts and special tools I will need.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thank you for the advice. I’m a few months away but first the first time out the gate I want to either get it right or at least not screw it up! Your insight is greatly appreciated.