Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Cold Weather Ops

Default Re: Cold Weather Ops

I actually purchase a Space heater, that I believe I will be able to install an input air and output air hose, very much like the Aerotherm. If it works I will post pictures of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzer1 View Post
    I understand the initial cost factor. I am suggesting the method is far superior, ...Greg
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I'm using the Belkin WEMO switch (link = http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C027/ ). It uses your wireless network, and you can control the switch from anywhere in the world...so long as you have internet.

I've got one I use for the block heater on my tractor. Works VERY well!
    Ackselle
    Kitfox IV 1200 Classic C-GIKV
    29" Airstreaks, 11" Matco Tailwheel
    ROTAX 912, Hoffman HO-V352F CS Prop

Do you need WiFi at the airport, to make this work?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Yes.... the Belkin needs WIFI. It works at my place as I have wifi in the hangar.... so it won't work at most airports.
    Ackselle
    Kitfox IV 1200 Classic C-GIKV
    29" Airstreaks, 11" Matco Tailwheel
    ROTAX 912, Hoffman HO-V352F CS Prop

Thumbs down Re: Cold Weather Ops

I have a The SwitchBox, I originally had a 2G that worked flawlessly other than reloading the minutes. That was always a problem. The SwithBox offered an upgrade to a 4G, so I sent it in to get the Upgrade. That was the biggest mistake. When I go it back I called the number and called the number (718) 483-6979. It wouldn't turn on and it wouldn't turn off. I called Switchbox and I told him it was not working. I ended up mailing it back to him two or three time to get it fixed. He said it worked fine and sent it back and said I must be dialing the phone number wrong. Now Im 66 years old I've probably been dialing and keying in phone numbers longer than he has been alive. So I took offense to that. I would guess that the circuit isn't compatible with the G4 System in our area, or there is not a tower that supports the 4G system close enough to my airport or my home that works with the system, or the piece of junk just doesn't work. The owner of Switchbox was rather rude with me about my inability to dial a phone, so I asked him to send it back and I had a use for it. I really haven't decided what to do with it, but it's between putting it in the trash bin or taking it to the range and practice my shooting, and see how many times I can hit it. I'm leaning towards the latter.

My recommendations for all of the Kitfoxers, if you decide to get an Electronic Switch to turn on a heater, or battery charger, DON'T get The Switchbox! The man across from my hanger bought a generic one off of E-Bay for a lot less money, and his works flawlessly.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Yeh, that number is "not reachable".

I vote take it to the range, then send the "parts" back to the owner, via truck, freight collect.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

The number use to reachable, I just did not recharge or add money. It never would switch after the upgrade.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I was thinking of taking it to the range, then wearing like a neckless around my neck at Oshkosh. I was also thinking of handing out a flyer, saying not to waiste your money on a SwitchBox.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas