Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for a Demo Flight

Default Looking for a Demo Flight

Hello, my name is Barry and I live in Colorado. I am wanting to build a KF SS7. Before I order a kit, I want to fly in a KF series 5,6, or 7 with a 914 to get a feel for the performance. If you can help me out, I would surely appreciate it. I will pay you for the flight time, of course!!! I may have to go to Idaho if nobody responds, which is okay too.

Default Re: Looking for a Demo Flight

I'd offer a ride but Idaho is closer than Texas. I would recommend talking with Paul Leaderbrand at Stick & Rudder. I would spend a few hours with him or one of his instructors, the time would apply towards your insurance requirement of 10 hours in type. The time will help cut your insurance rate. My insurance rate savings almost paid for the flight time. I went up got my tail wheel endorsement and some back country flying time, it definately is a fun plane to fly, and very capable. Besides that you can have him sign off your bi-annual flight review as current. I'm planning on flying up next summer to do my annual with Stick & Rudder, along with some interesting flying.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I live in NE Nebraska, if you want a demo ride I'd be willing to give you one.

I was stationed at Falcon AFB back in my USAF days

Patrick
    series 6 , 100 hp
    trigear

402-750-8916 if you want to call

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    I'd offer a ride but Idaho is closer than Texas. I would recommend talking with Paul Leaderbrand at Stick & Rudder. I would spend a few hours with him or one of his instructors, the time would apply towards your insurance requirement of 10 hours in type. The time will help cut your insurance rate. My insurance rate savings almost paid for the flight time. I went up got my tail wheel endorsement and some back country flying time, it definately is a fun plane to fly, and very capable. Besides that you can have him sign off your bi-annual flight review as current. I'm planning on flying up next summer to do my annual with Stick & Rudder, along with some interesting flying.
    Good advice, I think this is the route I want to go. I would like some real mountain flying in a S7 to get a good feel for the performance. And as you said, I can get my flight review taken care of! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by phintz View Post
    I live in NE Nebraska, if you want a demo ride I'd be willing to give you one.

I was stationed at Falcon AFB back in my USAF days

Patrick
    series 6 , 100 hp
    trigear

402-750-8916 if you want to call
    Thanks for the offer Patrick! I really want to test out the s7 in the mountains at higher elevations. I also want to fly the standard gear with bush tires. Sorry I am being picky, guess I will have to go to Idaho.

Hi Barry,

I'm more than willing to offer a ride in my Kitfox when I'm done in about a year or so. Sorry I can't help out sooner. You're more than welcome to stop by and see my build anytime. I'm located in Monument. There are a handful of other builders spread through out Colorado.

Jeremy
    860-202-5367

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeck View Post
    Hi Barry,

I'm more than willing to offer a ride in my Kitfox when I'm done in about a year or so. Sorry I can't help out sooner. You're more than welcome to stop by and see my build anytime. I'm located in Monument. There are a handful of other builders spread through out Colorado.

Jeremy
    860-202-5367
    Thanks Jeremy! I hope to get a demo sooner and begin building. I will look you up next time I go to Monument!!

Barry