Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ELT or Personal Locator Beacon

Default Re: ELT or Personal Locator Beacon

Oh crap. Thanks for the heads up. I was ready to by one. I guess I was so excited to see the Built in GPS I quit reading. Very deceptive advertising in my mind.

The ARTEX ELT 345 transmits on 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz frequencies while providing position accuracy thanks to the built-in GPS navigational interface.
    For some reason I can't edit my misleading post above. Someome with more power than I needs to fix it so someone doesn't waste their money on one.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Default Re: ELT or Personal Locator Beacon

Correct, their wording is misleading. They say "built in GPS naviational interface" which means you need to have an external GPS inputing your position. It's not that hard to do, but it doesn't have a stand alone GPS. On my G3X system I used one of the RS-232 outputs and configured it to send the GPS lat/long data to my ACK-04 ELT.

Plan on spending about $1200 for one with a built in GPS. Kannad and E. L.T. brands have ones with an internal GPS.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016