Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Here is my panel, I like it.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

A couple of photos of my project. A detailed story about my adventure in panel building may be found here.

I have to say I've received lots of guidance by following this thread. One thing that struck me is that most everyone's situation is different requiring different panel arrangements. Someone who is the sole pilot with either no one or a non-pilot passenger in the right seat usually will cluster the instruments on the left side of the panel. I am extremely fortunate to have a wife who is a pilot and likes to fly. In this situation I decided to create mostly co-equal pilot stations. That is the reason I decided to install a Dynon D100 on the left and a D120 on the right. One processes flight information and the other processes engine information. But, since the two are networked, any information shown on one can be shown on the other. No need for an autopilot, she's sitting next to me. (Of course it goes both ways. I'm her autopilot.)

At some point I'll be trial-fitting everything. When I do I'll try to post a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell320 View Post
    That's an interesting Vne on you're airspeed indicator. What kind of
    airplane is it?

KPH, maybe?

200 kph = 124.3 mph
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Everything fits! Tomorrow I'll put all the goodies back in the boxes and clean up the shop for painting.

Nice panel Tom.
    I was at that point about 1.5 months ago and figured I have it wired in a few weeks. Its now 1.5 months later and I'm still not done wiring, but close. Allow plenty of time, the intercom wiring is a bear. I scrapped out my first intercom wiring harness and started over due to some poor solder joints. In hindsight I think buying the PS Engineering factory made wiring harness (at about $350) would have been a good deal, plus it is the only way they will give you a warrenty.

Jim

Here is a photo of my panel, still a lot of work to do!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Dave,

Panel looks great!

Got a couple questions...

There is a device in the upper right and upper left that I do not recognize....???

Also, where did you find the toggle switch protector on the left side of the panel?

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear- Flying
    912ULS Warp
    St Paul, MN

Dave
    The items on the top left and right are instrument flood lights that I rescued from a Boeing 747 that was being stood down! The switch guard actually came from a Boeing 737-500 that was being scrapped due to extensive fuselarge damage but similar guards can be purchased from a company called Deamon tweeks that specialize in supplying to car racing enthusiasts. I will be fitting a soft start module so have decided to fit a seperate start switch and start master stitch, most of the warning lights are Boeing 737 items together with the circuit breakers and their protectors, I have decided to make a map pocket below the radios, I have also decided to make a cutout for the throttle so that I can remove the panel and leave the throttle in position.
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

I have finally finished my panel and cockpit area, including the console, floor carpeting, fabric and upholstery. The seats, fabric and carpeting are from the Kitfox interior kit.121.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

Jim,
    Looks great! Glad to see the MVP (major visual progress), nothing beats the feeling you get at one of these points in the build.

Take care...