Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Turtledeck camlock receptacles

Default Turtledeck camlock receptacles

I'm installing the aft turtledeck angle. What is the function of the pin in the backside of the camlock receptacles? It comes out awfully easy, and I can't tell why it's there to begin with, There is a machined slot for it, so it must have some purpose.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Default Re: Turtledeck camlock receptacles

I found the Skybolt instructions. The pin is intended to be removed. It prevents the insert from locking in the barrel so that it can be adjusted. When final adjustment is complete, you remove the pin, allowing the insert to lock in the barrel.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Thanks for posting the answer. I will be getting to those before long.

Clark

Brian, notice that the pin is inserted from the face side. be sure you leave that little hole exposed to the outside. when i drilled the hole out on the airframe tab, i made a little notch that extended beyond that hole. Now that I put the acrylic on I can just lift it up and then adjust the barrel by sticking a pick into that little hole to unlock the barrel. spin the barrel and lock back down. You may have to do this a couple times each and reaching in to disengage the barrel from the back side is just less convenient.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

the pin removes from rear

look inside and you will see the pin holds up a clip to keep it from locking in a grove

need to adjust take a pointed thin pick and slip it under the clip adjust and remove pick

David
    912iS Garmin G3X
    N911PC