Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Amazing Builder

Default Amazing Builder

Hi Guys,

I am new here, been lurking for a few weeks and dreaming of building a Kitfox in the future.

This is a little out of bounds but I came across some videos on Youtube made by Mike Patey.

He has an amazing hangar and shop and is doing some crazy work on his Wilga. Again, not related to Kitfox but its such cool stuff I thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgaBTqJzzVo&t

This is his first video in the series and he is up to the 14th. Hopefully this isn't against the rules its just such cool stuff and his enthusiasm is infectious.

Default Re: Amazing Builder

I almost wish I hadn't seen this post. Binge watched the whole lot and didn't climb into bed until 0330 That bloke has got talent!

Thumbs up Re: Amazing Builder

... and a TON of money...

Definitely has resources to back up his skill and passion. The best part is that he isn't just writing checks, he is getting it done and making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SloW8 View Post
    Definitely has resources to back up his skill and passion. The best part is that he isn't just writing checks, he is getting it done and making it happen.

That's for sure, he definitely has skills...

I too was amazed at his drive and "git er done" attitude. I fell in love with his hangar, first seeing it on one of Trent's videos several months ago. The race car on the wall did it. Love that lift system.

Ralph

Crazy talent. I know I could have jammed that pipe into those leading edge slat brackets for sure. Let alone the fact that he engineered it as well. It would have taken me forever to cut each individual segment of pipe from in between the bays. Thats my luck.
    Oh, and I binge watched it too!
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=39296846&nid=1009

A little light reading on how incredible their journey has been.

Ok, makes way more sense now. I mean, late nights, watching sun rises, the energy and extreme willingness to forge ahead. I can't wait to see the final episodes.
    I noticed, at the end of his video, a rectangle of space on the hangar floor, lined with plastic and ten electric fans stacked one on top of the other. I was asking myself, "what in the world is he doing there"?. Im betting that is the ice rink.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X