Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffs 340 Kitfox

Default Re: Jeffs 340 Kitfox

A couple pics of my air intake setup. 4” bellmouth and intake tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Looks like a small turbine engine ready to boost takeoff performance-you ain't foolin us Jeff! Bruce N199CL

Lol! 🤣🤣
    Thats too funny
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

That looks mean Jeff. The Boss Fox will certainly stand out. I like it.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Well I can't shrink my pics so I can't post them...

The cowl is almost ready to cut apart. I will turn this 2 piece cowl into a 2 piece cowl and a boot cowl. Tomorrow is the final sand of the cowl prior to separating the pieces. Hope to cut it apart as well.
    Getting lightweight teflon hoses (Ultra Pro line) from Earls Indy next week. They tell me the Indy car guys use these hoses so it must be pretty good stuff.
    I also hope to have the glareshield trimmed and installed tomorrow as well. I have done some preliminary fitting. I decided to cut a rectangle out where it slips over the X tube. I made a piece to go around the tubes and fill in the area I cut out of the glareshield. I taped up the glareshield center with Gorilla packing tape and sprayed it with a release agent. Layed up some glass over this and it mimicked the glareshield perfectly. Now I wish I had made it a little wider so the glareshield would set over it. Now I have to figure out a way to put a lip under the center piece. Fun with composites they say...
    I picked up an 11" Matco tailwheel at Osh. The lady in the Matco booth gave me a pretty sweet deal on the display! I also picked up a T3 shock spring. The combo really put the tail into the air.
    On the other end I added a lightweight flywheel from FlyEFII. Shaved 1.5 lbs from the front of the engine.
    That's all I have for now. The re-shaping of the cowl has been a very time consuming evolution. Almost there...
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

WOW !!! Amazing job !!!

Future KitFox Owner and Builder

Thanks Ibsen!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Learned something interesting today...
    I am in the process of getting my paperwork together to start the registration process and I need a bill of sale from the original purchaser. A week or so ago I sent out a certified letter to him and he called today with a lot of good information!

He told me of the details of the 1400 to 1550 weight change and it finally makes sense. The kit originally came with the .058 thick spar tubes and standard AN hardware. At some point they changed the spar tubes to .063" and upgraded the strut attach hardware to increase the GW to 1550.

Skystar actually traded him a set of .063 tubes and sent the upgraded strut hardware to increase the gross wt to 1550 for this airframe. Skystar told him there was no changes to the fuselage structure.

This actually makes sense according to the info I have in my build manual.
    Lawyers and liability being what it is, I can understand why no one will say anything and I can't really blame them but the evidence is pointing to a few minor changes to add 150 to the GW... hmmmm
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Very interesting Jeff. Thanks for posting it.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Well I sent my registration paperwork to Oklahoma City today. Hopefully I will see a registration in a couple weeks or so. Working on finishing up some of the little things like the windshield/skylight, tail closeouts, and such. The list is getting shorter!
    Hope to start my cowl molds in the next week or so.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF