Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Static port

Default Re: Static port

I was landing the other day and was doing so on the sod at my airport. I was coming in on 03 and when doing so there is a good bump on the runway. I came down, sun in front of me, I didn't look out front nore did I look at the indicators, I was looking out the left door, nice to have plexy all the way down by the way. I get 2ft off and start to flair, still to fast, hold it hold it hold it, it feeeeels right, NOW. NIce flair down I come nice, than I hit the bump, up we go, I continue to hold full aft stick, I'm back in the air, wwoooo hooooo this is fun, it settles back down nice and smooth. I'm down, coool. would like to do it again, but ... I have to go to work now.

Gee, I think I'm going to order a pile of dirt so I can have a bump in my airstrip like yours

Hi Tim -

Here is the Static System Installation Instructions supplement from Skystar. Maybe it will help... for reference if nothing else. Both my M-3 and 4-1200 are set up like this. FWIW, ASI in my M-3 w/ flat doors was pretty close. I haven't flown my M-4 w/ the bubble(?) (factory not LP Aero) doors yet, but I think Paul may have a good point. Will be interesting to see.

Regards,
    Doug

P.S. Put up some pics in the N.E. fly-in thread!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

My static port was installed to those specs. So it will most definitely be interesting if you get different results than what I did, especially when it sounds like our Model IV's are very similarly equipped.

Paul

Quote:
    Originally Posted by av8rps
    Gee, I think I'm going to order a pile of dirt so I can have a bump in my airstrip like yours

I'll let you borrow my runway if you'd like ,.. north end elevation is 1100 ASL south end elevation is 625 ASL and its 700 foot long ,..trees on one side, power lines on the other but you have plenty of room it's about 45' wide between the top of the light poles to the limbs on the trees on the other side , oh forgot to mention,..there is a 250' abstruction on the south end( a slight rise in the ground )
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 09-24-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Chase, I hope I saved you from bodily harm. Posting a photo of your wife by mistake could be hazardous. LOL!!! Tell her hi for me. Still enjoying the shirt she made for me. Please be more careful in the future. You can't run very fast anymore.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

your a life savor Steve! thanks lol whew ,..I'll sleep easier tonight ha ha

I'll tell her you said hi

oh and next time I'll preview the photo lol
    I'll post the runway pic when I find it lol
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 09-24-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Happy to help. Hope you're feeling good. Email me off line when time permits and catch me up on things.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

as promised ,..a picture of the runway ,,I'm at the south end looking north,..you can not see the top ..but it does have allot of bumps
    Attached Images Attached Images