Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Updated throttle cables

Default Updated throttle cables

I have an early mod 4 -1050 with the old double bellcrank throttle set up and I know there is a better set up. Syncronizing the carbs are a pain. I know there Is an aftermarket unit that allows must easier and safer system to sync them. Where can I purchase? Thanks!
    Kurt
    4-1050
    80hp
    Warpdrive
    Osceola, Wi.

Default Re: Updated throttle cables

Highwing LLC has a nice little product that makes for much easier carb synching.

I have the bellcrank setup on my plane, too. I don't much care for the vernier throttle, but at the moment I'm too cheap to buy the replacement cable.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

+1 on the high wing throttle bug
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

the highwing throttle link makes syncing the carbs a snap , well worth the money , works only with the belcrank style throttles .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I too have the vernier throttle with the throttle link. It is the only way to go !!! You can sync your carbs in about 30 seconds after the setup !
    With the vernier you just dial in your throttle setting on approach. It's GREAT !
    I have also installed a long spring to counter balance the throttle so you don't go to full throttle if you accidently hit the center knob on the vernier with the palm of your hand during turbulence. I have had to "go around" a couple of times when this happened. I used a carb return spring from an auto parts store. (that idea courtsy of Lowell Fitt)
    Dick

Iv'e been dealing with bell crank trouble since I bought my 1050, the cable guide with the adjusting nut was broken off (right side), the cable was just binding against it.
    I bought a friction locking replacement throttle cable from Chief. Well balancing is a pain in the "coordination indicator"

I'm going to make a replacement part for the broken off cable mount, and go back to the vernier throttle. I want this throttle bug, you buy 1 for each side of the bell crank right (left right)?
    Any thoughts on this plane something better?

AV8R3400 if you want a friction throttle for duel carbs, I'll set you up when I switch, it's the old-timey round black ball feels good in the hand.

Zorro,
    You only need one throttle link. It hooks to the cable at the back of one of the bellcrank "ears'. By turning the knob you minutely adjust the cable length back and forth thus syncing one carb to the other carb.
    Once you have it set up, syncing is a "piece of cake" The picture a few frames up shows the proper location. If still in doubt ,give me a call @ 850-304-7371.
    Dick