Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: new "old" Classic 4 kit

Smile new "old" Classic 4 kit

Hi all
    Yesterday we received our third hand kit coming from New Mexico to Israel.
    I put some photos on the web - http://picasaweb.google.com/micharegev/BuildingKitfoxIVPreparations?feat=email#
    Due to the fact that the kit starts his life somewhere around 1999-2000 (serial No 9499) I'm not sure that the Assembly Manual is up to date.
    Is there any way to get a list of the updated pages?
    Thanks
    Micha

Default Re: new "old" Classic 4 kit

In the years between 1992 and 2003 there were many changes. You are probably better off ordering the latest edition of 2003 from Kitfox. I just got mine today, it cost a little over a hundred bucks and well worth it.

I built a Model IV starting in 1993 and am almost finished with another one that was delivered to it's first owner in 1992. I think the only significant issue between then and now is the need to reenforce the joints where the rudder pedal tubes and rudder cable tubes attach to the torque tubes. From the pictures, it appears that you do not have the weldments for the older style bellcrank throttle cable, so you will be using the split throttle. Other than those two items, I would see no problems using the manuals you have. Also, since you apparently don't have the bell crank throttle, I suspect all the edits to the manual are already in the one you have.

Then if questions come up during construction, post then to this forum - lots of Model IV builders and flyers here.

Also, Congratulations on a great choice of airplane. You will Love it!

Lowell

Hello Michar,
    Very cool to see that you have a model IV to start. Like Lowell mentioned, you will have all the help you need here on the list should you run into a snag. Thought I would send you a link to my build page even though it is not finished, I have about 4.5 years of my Model IV build on it. I tried to take good photos of the process so it may be helpful. I am currently locked out of the site thanks to Windows 7. Here it is: www.azshowersolutions.com/Build1.html

Dan
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ