Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Non ethanol auto gas to Avgas

Default Non ethanol auto gas to Avgas

I know this has been discussed before but I have a IV 1200 with 582 blue head that is burning non ethanol automotive gas,but it can not be bought anymore in my area. I want to burn avgas, is this reality or asking for trouble as far as burning too hot. What about cht, rejetting, and a possible meltdown. Thankyou for the advice.

Default Re: Non ethanol auto gas to Avgas

I have used the Avgas 100LL a lot on my 582 blue with no problem. However, I am very accurate on the blend > 1:50. In fact I have the feeling that the engine runs better (better burning) when using the Avgas 100LL. Autogas in Iceland is 90 oct lead free. I often use that to, you can not get the Avgas everywhere. This is my experience over many years with the 582 Blue head...!
    regds
    Hallgrimur

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    I know this has been discussed before but I have a IV 1200 with 582 blue head that is burning non ethanol automotive gas,but it can not be bought anymore in my area. I want to burn avgas, is this reality or asking for trouble as far as burning too hot. What about cht, rejetting, and a possible meltdown. Thankyou for the advice.