Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox photo makes Calendar in Tahoe!

Default Kitfox photo makes Calendar in Tahoe!

Moonshine Ink is a small local newspaper covering North Lake Tahoe and Truckee. They just published a calendar titled "Tahoe Moments" and yours truly made the calendar. The photo was titled "Pilot Over Emerald Bay", taken by local professional photographer Scott Thompson while I flew him around Truckee and Tahoe in my Kitfox a couple of months ago. Here's the October shot, clearly not me!

October spread of the brand new 2012 Tahoe Moments calendar.

Tahoe Moments
    People and their wild ideas
    By Mayumi Elegado/Moonshine Ink
    December Print Edition
    Published: December 9, 2011

PUBLISHER'S NOTE

There comes a time in your life when you accept that you will never know all that life has to offer, and what you do know will continually amaze you.
    This message was underscored as I worked on a new project this fall, the Tahoe Moments 2012 calendar. Together, Moonshine Ink and Sierra Nevada Ad Partners (SNAP) produced a unique product featuring breathtaking photography from regional talent and a comprehensive compilation of local events. The intent was to go beyond pleasing landscapes, beyond extreme action, and get to the meat of what makes Tahoe special — its people, their passions. What we found was an endless fountain of wild ideas. Even in this microcosmos of Tahoe/Truckee, one may never know all that life has to offer. How cool.
    A healthy 2,500 copies of this calendar are being distributed FREE on the streets — be sure to get yourself one. Otherwise, contact tahoemoments@moonshineink.com to see if there are some calendars left ($4/each, minimum five per order).
    Meanwhile, Patagonia produced ripples in the business community when they published an anti-Cyber Monday campaign, encouraging consumers to think before they buy, buy, buy. An intriguing idea set forth by a big business. The wild idea I find nestled in the message is that “buy, buy, buy” may not be the only way to grow, grow, grow. Can we find ways to make, buy, and sell products that align with the ideal to tread lightly? To only make or sell something when we know it can be used. To buy only when we know for certain that we need it.
    This holiday season, I seek to accept that I will never be able to buy everything life has to offer, either for myself or my loved ones. But I sure can appreciate all that I have.
    In closing, words from a master wordsmith, Dr. Seuss:
    “Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store.
    “Maybe Christmas … perhaps … means a little bit more!”
    ~ The Grinch, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”
    Happy Holidays, Tahoe/Truckee!
    As always,
    Mayumi Elegado

Pilot Over Emerald Bay:

Scott shot the following video clip while on this aerial photo mission. I love the grins on both of our faces.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBoL2...layer_embedded
    Last edited by predmond; 12-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.