Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need help one more time!

Default Need help one more time!

As I am working on my swap (80 hp to 100 hp), I am building new coils and electronic modules supports. Yhe one I have have been be modified by the previous owner and does not fit well. I have asked John about that but he does not know the exact size of parts. Also my new engine mount have no welded support as mine.

Do you know dimension center to center for parts number 42735.000, 42736.000 and 42725.000 and any idea how to built and fix a support replacing the existing weleded suport?

Last edited by jacques; 09-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Default Re: Need help one more time!

Jacques,
    Unless someone is just starting this step, I doubt these dimensions are readily available. Once the bends are made, they would only be approximate. I don't think the specific measurements are critical, only relative. I would start at one point - one support - then fabricate and mount it, then proceed to fit and mount the others. Another thought would be to mount it to the firewall or the aft section of the engine mount. That requires longer ignition wires at some locations, but eliminates the wire damaging vibrations.
    Lowell

Default Re: Need help one more time!

Ok, thanks.

I will try both : longer ignition wires to avoid problems and built by myself these parts. I will keep the best solution.