Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh Airventure 2015 a Kitfox adventure

Default Re: Oshkosh Airventure 2015 a Kitfox adventure

Larry,
    thanks or the invite. sounds good see you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    Last year it worked out pretty well, so lets do the same again:

The Valdez STOL demo is on the ultralight field Friday from 6.30 - 8 pm.

Lets have a get together at my Campsite (across the street from the Ultralight Field) on Friday starting at about 5 pm.

I will supply refreshments & burgers/brats and all the stuff to go with. Nothing fancy. (A donation jar will be on the table, but not mandatory.)

We can have a meet and great BS session over food and drink, then we can all walk over to watch the Valdez guys play on the Ultralight Field.

Sound good?
    Sounds great to me! Looking forward to it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Well I went to the Doctor, he suspects a Meniscal tear, the cartilage that cushions the knee. The Doctor sent me for a MRI, so I have a follow up appointment Monday with him to see if surgery is in my future. He told me it doesn't heal itself. Time will tell if I'm going to get to go to Oshkosh.
    Well the Doctor said I have both a Meniscal tear, and a fractured femur bone in my right leg. He said 6 to 8 weeks of rest & relaxation, he said crutches or a cane, keep the weight off of the knee. He doesn't want to do surgery because it would make the pain worse, basically wait for the bone to heal, and wait on the Meniscal tear until then to see if it resolves itself. He also told me unless I want to put up with a lot of pain, I shouldn't go to Oshkosh. I hate to miss it, I was looking forward to the Brauts, beer, and STOL Landings. Hope you guys have fun!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks for arranging the get together. I plan to be there.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Well the Doctor said I have both a Meniscal tear, and a fractured femur bone in my right leg. He said 6 to 8 weeks of rest & relaxation, he said crutches or a cane, keep the weight off of the knee. He doesn't want to do surgery because it would make the pain worse, basically wait for the bone to heal, and wait on the Meniscal tear until then to see if it resolves itself. He also told me unless I want to put up with a lot of pain, I shouldn't go to Oshkosh. I hate to miss it, I was looking forward to the Brauts, beer, and STOL Landings. Hope you guys have fun!
    I say go and rent one of those scooters when you get there. of course you will need to have handicap status from your doc to do so.

I'm the guy who trailers my Kitfox inside a trailer behind a small RV all over the country every year for the last dozen or so, combining touring with a motor home and flying in spectacular places down low and slow in the Kitfox. Awesome FUN.

This year I have family obligations at both ends of the show so I will do a single forum at Air Venture in the UL tent near the Red Barn, Thursday, the 23rd at 2:30 if all goes as planned. The plane, trailer, and little RV will probably be on display near the Red Barn for anyone interested in checking it out Monday thru Thursday.

The first half of the forum will be Power Point slides of great scenery taken from a Kitfox in national parks, seashores, mountains and lakes across the country from Maine to the Florida Keys to the California coast. The second half will include a lot of tips learned from experience on "How To Do The Trailering Part" going over things I have learned to make the trailering part simple, quick, easy, safe and less expensive. I have found that when all of those come together the ENJOYMENT level goes way up.

Really sorry I can't be there for the Friday evening get together, got to keep the wife of 43 years happy by doing the family weddings the weekend before and the closing weekend of Air Venture so have to head out Thursday after the day's events.

Dr Bob
    Kitfox IV, Rotax 912 80hp
    bjones@dmv.com

Quote Originally Posted by teamkitfox7788 View Post
    I'm the guy who trailers my Kitfox inside a trailer behind a small RV all over the country every year for the last dozen or so, combining touring with a motor home and flying in spectacular places down low and slow in the Kitfox. Awesome FUN.

This year I have family obligations at both ends of the show so I will do a single forum at Air Venture in the UL tent near the Red Barn, Thursday, the 23rd at 2:30 if all goes as planned. The plane, trailer, and little RV will probably be on display near the Red Barn for anyone interested in checking it out Monday thru Thursday.

The first half of the forum will be Power Point slides of great scenery taken from a Kitfox in national parks, seashores, mountains and lakes across the country from Maine to the Florida Keys to the California coast. The second half will include a lot of tips learned from experience on "How To Do The Trailering Part" going over things I have learned to make the trailering part simple, quick, easy, safe and less expensive. I have found that when all of those come together the ENJOYMENT level goes way up.

Really sorry I can't be there for the Friday evening get together, got to keep the wife of 43 years happy by doing the family weddings the weekend before and the closing weekend of Air Venture so have to head out Thursday after the day's events.

Dr Bob
    Kitfox IV, Rotax 912 80hp
    bjones@dmv.com
    I'll look for you. Congratulations on your 43 years of marriage. Today is my 43rd anniversary.

I'm coming up on 38. I will say my wife really looks at me with complete respect. she knows I hate both weddings and funerals. she doesn't make me do anything I don't want to do. enough on that one.

In June it was 43 years for me also... are we a bunch of old guys or what?
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Talking Re: Oshkosh Airventure 2015 a Kitfox adventure

Whoah.... speak for yourself I'm lucky enough to be a 2nd generation Kitfox pilot and 3rd generation pilot!

Hehehe... see you all at Oshkosh (I'm counting down the days)

Jono