Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading South... Sort-of

Default Re: Heading South... Sort-of

Have a great trip John. We'll do it another time.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Didn't get a chance to
    Update the spot link.. So
    The same one as Oshkosh is
    Active...

http://www.tinyurl.com/kfOshkosh
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Yes we will Steve!
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

Hey John! I should have been more specific and said the BBQ was Sat. eve. but you and anyone else are always welcome here at 3L2. My truck can be used for your ground transportation and my house for a motel room. I'll even pay for a meal. Tie down at my house is free and the drive to the strip in Vegas is only 45 minutes.
    Closest avgas is at Jean,0L7, self serve $5.23.

Steve
    Sky Ranch Estates
    3L2
    cell # 702-351-9973
    (sounds impressive doesn't it?)
    Last edited by 896tr; 10-20-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: add cell #

Steve,
    Thankyou for the great offer and we will be by there today (Monday) at
    Some point probably after lunch time to say hello.. I'll call.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

Well, that's another year in the bag!

We landed at our home drome, Glendale, AZ (KGEU) exactly an hour ago, 1300 PST, after a grueling 40 minute flight from the Copperstate Fly-In in Casa Grande, AZ (KCGZ); tucked 427ET into the hangar after a leading-edge rubdown and spent the next grueling nine minutes driving home: WHAT A DAY!

After unpacking the dirty laundry, which included some lingerie neither of us would own up to, I clicked open the link John McBean placed in his 20 October entry on this thread, only to find THEY had arrived at Homedale only 15 minutes earlier! After a 0630 launch in the Arizona desert and one pit-stop in Mesquite, Nevada, they were back on Homedale, Idaho's world famous S66 "alert pad" safe and sound.at 1445 PST!

Who in'a'hell says Kitfox isn't a GREAT cross-country machine!?

And a "grande" time it was again with the local DFS crowd and associated Kitfox nobility (did you know Paul Leadabrand can change a light bulb all by himself? In a vaulted ceiling! How does he fit into a Kitfox? ) gathered around the same round table in "Duke's Bar" (if ya ever want a six-foot painting of John Wayne for your living room, I know where you can steal an awesome one!) at the Francisco Grande. I could happily live forever, one year to the next, even if that was the only event I had to look forward to each year.

Thank you one and all, Kitfox dealers, dreamers and doers, for making this another great end to the annual EAA airshow season.

"E.T." & Dee
    P.S. My cell phone just rang (NS!)...it was John & Debra calling us to "close their flight plan!" Any wonder why we love those two so much?
    Last edited by DesertFox6; 10-27-2013 at 08:49 PM.

E.T., thanks for the update. I just checked John's SPOT page and yes indeed he is home. The SPOT sends out a signal approx every 10 minutes and I noticed there was no footprint from south of I-80 to Homedale which confirms your comment about the Kitfox's cross country abilities. My very rough estimate of that distance is approx 250-300 miles, covered in approx 10 minutes! My calculations are rusty at the speed required to cover that distance in 10 minutes, but I believe it equates to a whopping average speed of approximately mach 2.5! which may well be a new Kitfox cross country record!

Now about the John Wayne picture, are you available for a heist and delivery black opps opportunity?
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

Yeah, I noticed the same conspicuous gap in the SPOT breadcrumb trail too, SkySteve, and thought it odd until I remembered that their groundtrack ran right smack-dab through the Jarbridge and Owyhee Military Operating Areas (MOAs) in northern Nevada and southern Idaho. That explained everything.

Supersonic flight IS authorized in MOAs, so no harm, no foul and "TA-DAA!" mystery solved!

You need to come visit Copperstate with us next year, Dude; I counted 11 Kitfoxes over the three-day period, mostly "contemporary" models, but while our "classic" (IV) division was amply conspicuous we need to have the "antique" division better represented...there was a PERFECT spot right next to DF4's bird all weekend, right out front of the Kitfox Kompany Kiosk, that 85DD would have looked MAAH-VEL-US in!

"E.T."
    (Up for black ops all the time but you're gonna have to fly the heist outta here! The Francisco Grande Resort staff knows all the rest of us on sight!

I would love to do the Coperstate Fly-In. Just haven't been able to work out the schedule so far. Maybe next year.

I'll be in Mesa on Halloween, then on to Sedona on Sat for a week, back to Phoenix and Salt Lake on 11/9-10.

About the Antique Division. If you're referring to my plane, I prefer the term Kitfox Beta. If you're referring to its pilot, well then I guess antique fits! Ha, ha!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

with all this banter how can you not love the Kitfox Community