Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

Default Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

Kitfox Aircraft - Factory Fly-In
    September 13th and 14th 2013

This year’s fly-in will be held in beautiful McCall, Idaho. McCall (KMYL) is the heart of the Idaho’s backcountry and is located 97 SM flying distance from Homedale (S66) and about 2 hours (107 miles) driving distance from the Boise Airport.
    The day before the Fly-in, Thursday the September 12th, we will have Factory Tours for those that wish to come and visit the factory.
    Overview:
    Factory open for Tours Thursday Sept 12th 10am – 5pm
    Sept 13th – 14th 2013 McCall ID Kitfox Fly in
    Friday Sept 13th
    Check in, Meet and Greet- 12pm – 5pm: Snacks & Soft Beverages will be served
    Dinner Tickets for Saturday Banquet $15.00 per person available
    Kitfox Informal Gathering:
    7pm Salmon River Brewery 300 W Colorado St McCall ID
    Salmon River Brewery makes craft beer using as many local and regional ingredients as possible. A restaurant and pub with outdoor seating in the summer, and frequently feature live music
    Briefing for Saturday Breakfast Fly-Out
    Saturday Sept 14th
    Morning Fly out - Breakfast to a Back Country Ranch: Time and Location TBD
    Morning and Afternoon - Enjoy McCall,
    Shopping-McCall has many local shops that are full of unique items with a local flare.
    Golf, Several Golf Courses in the McCall Area: Google, Golf Courses in McCall ID and choose the one that is right for you. Reservation for T-times would be suggested.
    Lake Activities - Rent a Jet Ski from Mile High Marina and enjoy Payette Lake or just bask in the last of the summer sun on the Beach.
    Saturday Evening 6:00: Kitfox Banquet Dinner advanced ticket purchase preferred Location TBD.
    Come enjoy a great catered dinner by Edible Arts Catering a local McCall Catering company
    Menu: Marinated Grilled Tri Tip & Chicken Breast, and all the goodies to go with.
    We are required to give the caterers a head count by August 31st, 2013 so please help us out and purchase your tickets in advance. RSVP to Kitfox-Fly-In@kitfoxaircraft.com or give us a call.
    Hotel Information
    Kitfox Aircraft has arranged special room rate for double queen rooms for our Fly in at:
    Best Western Plus 211 S 3rd St McCall ID. 208.634.2230. The Hotel is located directly across the street from the McCall Airport and is pet friendly.. These rooms are on a 1st come 1st serve basis. To reserve your room you must call the hotel direct and reserve a room. Just mention Kitfox Aircraft and book your room using your credit card & information. Kitfox Aircraft has a special rate for the double queen rooms of $118.99 per night. You have until Aug 13th to book your room at that rate through the hotel. After that date, rooms not booked will be released back for open booking at the normal rate of $139.99 per night.
    There are many other hotel choices in McCall other than the Best Western. Here are just a few:
    Hunt Lodge Holiday Inn Express 210 N 34d St 208.634.4700 1/2 mile from Airport
    Super 8 McCall 208.634.4637- across the street from the airport
    Americas Best Value Inn & Suites 208.634.6300 1.5 miles
    Shore Lodge 208.634.1725 3 miles
    RV Parks - Many in the area by the airport and by the lake.
    One can also camp at the airport or at a local RV Park
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

John,
    As always this will be a great Fly In. Kris & I will be there. Really looking forward to it, seeing old friends again and meeting new ones. The backcountry ranch breakfast is a great idea!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Something new this year. Sounds great John. McCall is beautiful.

Folks, you'll want to try hard to get there this year. The factory fly-in is always a good time and now that it has gone to a bi-annual event you might want to start thinking about it early. I know I will.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Would love to but it is soooo far away
    New location sounds very cool.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I would like to go to the factory flyin, I will be flying in from England. I would like to do the factory tour first, is their anyone who would have a spare seat? I would also like to spend a few days with stick and rudder getting a conversion onto the kitfox as hopefully by then I will be close to flying my mk7!
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

So what is everyone thinking about the flyin schedule? I have been thinking about flying to Garden Valley on the 12th and camping there. Then on to McCall on the 13th. Anyone want to join us, or have any other ideas/plans?
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Steve- Last I heard, Phil and I will be flying up in one of his Kitfoxs. Not yet sure of the launch date but will head to Homedale first I suspect.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

it will be 1882 km, direct from 03nc to myl, I am planning on 3 days of flying with 1 lay day if needed. something I always wanted to do is fly across our country low and slow and the kitfox is the perfect plane for it.
    the only thing that can throw a monkey wrench in my plans is weather as I promised my wife not to go if we had a hurricane forecast at that time. hope to see every one there. praying to the weather gods daily

I'm hoping to make the trip from the Chicago area. Jimmy, might be nice to meet up at one of the overnight stops. How about posting your planned route when you get it worked out?
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I was planning on going his year. But like Oshkosh, the new house is taking up too many resources. Ah well, it's worth it.