Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NANCO tires

Default Re: NANCO tires

I confirm didn't succeed this week-end with straps, even with Al Qaïda method

I bought this tire from Highwing LLC and i think there was stored too long on the side with heavy things on it...

Now i don't knox hox to do

I think your tires are okay, not smashed. That is how they are all shipped. I used tubes in mine. Here's a method I saw on an ATV web site to seat them tubeless.

First thing, remove the valve stem core! Not the entire valve stem just the little core inside.

Once the valve stem core is removed, take a strap and securely wrap it around the center of the tire.

Lube the rim with water and dish soap mix.

Take the tire chuck off your air hose and put a straight blow chuck on.

Now take your air supply and place it on the valve stem, with the core still removed. This will allow a higher rate of air flow into the tire. Plus if you overfill the tire, once you remove the air flow, the extra will rush right out.

Don't git your fingers or anything else valuable between the tire and the rim. It will take them right off when the bead pops on.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

to be honest -breaking the bead is the hardest to do. I have made a tool to do these. 2 tires R & R 5 mins or so.

Ether to set the bead - simple !!

That is I make you guys videos, so you can see real time without reading and trying things that do not always work.

Good Luck ..

dave , a great video i might add , thanks , the comments were also entertaining
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Now just waiting my new bush gear from HighWing LLC lock by the customs since one large week at Paris

And waiting the finishing of the recovering.

Will post new pictures when will be finished.

This complete overhaul take more time then i expected :roll eyes:

But in Burgundy it's foggy since 2 weeks so...

I am curious how many of you are running these Nanco, or any other brand, 21" tires tubeless and how many put tubes in them? It seems to me that for ease of repair out in the boonies it would be much easier to patch and reinflate a tire with a tube.

Jim

Tubeless here -- Let me tell you one thing -- you will not bust a bead in the boonies.......... unless you bring a bead breaker like my homemade one. http://www.cfisher.com/kingfox.html

I doubt that you gonna carry one........ If you do manage to break the bead by landing -- your Gear will likely be long gone with the broken bead --and likely bent longerons and much more.......... Seal up the rims with tire goop and you likey not gonna have any trouble -- I only used up to about 1200 lbs or so....... If you gota Tank model Kitfox that weights 700 to 1000 lbs empty better get a tougher tire .......

ATV wheels Are Super tough to break as you got a lip to stretch the inside of the bead over -- not just like a regualr bead break.......
    Last edited by Dave F; 11-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Tubeless here too.
    Ty
    Kitfox IV-1200