Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EGT probe location

Default EGT probe location

Where have you folks with a Rotax 912ULS located your EGT probe and how? Has anyone used the 'factory' probe from Aircraft Spruce and where did you locate it?

Default Re: EGT probe location

This should be an interesting thread. Reading earlier posts on EGT guys either swear by them or at them. As I read that thread it seemed that they just confused so many and the readings were all over the map. Then adjustments were made to further complicate the issue and before you know it the engine was either to lean or to rich or other issues. I chose to leave mine in the box they came in. I have about 80 plus hours of trouble free running and may put them in just because I am curious but I have told myself "dont make adjustments based solely on EGT".
    I read a very good article in the EAA Sport Aviation magazine a while back on EGT, will look for it and sent it if I find it.
    But there are wiser people than I on this subject and hope to hear from them.

I followed the instructions from Dynon and also read the article in EAA. I agree with wanna, the readings are relative measurements only.
    Last edited by Dorsal; 11-15-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

check in the LATEST rotax install manual. they have changed the distance so be sure to use the most recent spec.