Quick story - Kitfox 7SS 912 ULS. When in Georgia about 6 hours from home, I discovered a 1/4 crack in the muffler where the number 3 cylinders tube enters the muffler. I decided to fly it home. On the way back in very marginal VFR weather the charging system started acting up and it would be near dark on arrival home. I decided to land at an airport near my Daughters family. Two week later I show up to charge the battery and fly it home for repairs. The muffler crack had grown to a 1/2 inch or so. I'm thinking it'll probably make it home. ("probably", shouldn't be in my vocabulary when flying) The scheduled day home the winds are 20K and gusting on the route home. It won't be fun but it's doable. I'm in no hurry, and I spend another day with my 10 year old grandson. When I go to disconnect the battery charger and the crack is actually almost completely around the number 3 exhaust tube. I'm sure it wouldn't have made it home. I guess you can all make your conclusions. I just wanted to share the experience and hope it helps someone down the line.