Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotax 912iS on a KF-IV

Default Re: Rotax 912iS on a KF-IV

Thanks for the advise.
    Wrongly I was thinking of spliting both top and bottom cowls at the same point. Now I think I will extend the 2 flat sides of the bottom cowl and pobably split the top cowl just in front of the windscreen arc.

Like Chase is describing(I think), about at the blue line is where I probably should have split it to make the compound curve much easier to deal with, but it worked out good enough in the end. Lots of sanding and filling. I also just added to the bottom half instead of stretching it. I think much easier. I pretty much did what Chase described to fill in the the opening. Then sanded off the gel coat about 1 inch in and glassed each side so when built back up everything would be the same level and thickness.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Geowitz; 11-02-2013 at 01:05 PM.

yes about where the blue line is or the compound curves will be a pain to deal with,..yours looks good George especially with the smooth cowl having more convex curves on the top narrowing in and dropping down,..the bump cowl is less pronounce in dropping down toward the prop but still does narrow in on the sides
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Will keep you posted