Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: airworthiness inspection

Default airworthiness inspection

I am getting close to getting my Kitfox V inspected by my local DAR and was wondering to those who have been through the process, what is the DAR looking for and what are the major pitfalls for the inpection?
    I know paperwork is big so what can I do to get ready? I recently did a conditional inspection using the Kitfox inpection sheet and found some things such as wrong bolts and nuts so am fairly confident that the aircraft is ready. thank you.

Default Re: airworthiness inspection

pretty sure not all inspectors require the same things . mine wanted the airplane completely together and ready to fly . I've read of others that want the plane completely opened up , seat out and the like . also some are a two day ordeal some two hours . builders log and pictures of the building progress are important . best bet is to call your dar and ask him what he wants so that there aren't any big surprises for either of you . talking to him will also remove a lot of the anxiety that goes along with this event .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Default Re: airworthiness inspection

I agree with cap01, if you feel you are ready call the DAR and ask how he wants you to be ready for him. I was so stressed until I talked to mine and ended up having a couple conversations before he came out, everything went well for me.
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying