Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

Any guidance is appreciated. Otherwise I have to call John on Tuesday.
    I am installing the wingtips. I have trimmed only 1/4 inch off the fiberglass along the scribe line as instructed by the manual. Has anyone installed these lights and how have you maintained adequate room. the way I see it, if I dont trim the leading edge spar back a bit then this light is not going to fit. As you can see I need this wing tip to push in about 1/2 inch more for it to but up against the capstrip. It seems I am needing to trim 1/2 inch off the spar. Thought I was pose the questions before I get my self in a corner.
    Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images

I cut the spar flush which gave enough room to install the light. I also made a frame to go around the light out of aluminum for better support. If you'd like can see it in more detail at mykitlog.com, search under Kitfox and Brett Holland

Thanks Brett.
    I like the builder log site.
    Eddie

Ok, since I ran across the Oratex product at Oshkosh I have requested a price quote from the company in Alaska. I first got a "rough" quote as I was told he didn't have the data on the Kitfox SS7 to more accurately price it out. I believe there have been individuals here who have purchased Oratex for the SS7 which I would think the data would have been retained on file. After I gave him the data he required on the plan views provided by the builders manual I have yet to get any information. I have sent an email with a reminder that I am still waiting for the detailed price quote and as of yet, crickets from the other end. Can anyone speak to their experience with customer service from Oratex. This is a bit concerning to me and Im somewhat uneasy with ordering this stuff at all as a result. It seems I can reach them by telephone easy enough but to have emails ignored may just be the start.
    Eddie

i just recently sent an email to Oratex ( Alaska) asking for a quote on material to do the tail feathers of a model 5. I received a detailed reply within 2 days. I just spoke with Paul yesterday and he is swamped with orders and inquiries. He said I could expect shipment in 2-3 weeks. Maybe right after Oshkosh their workload soared?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Ok, since I ran across the Oratex product at Oshkosh I have requested a price quote from the company in Alaska. I first got a "rough" quote as I was told he didn't have the data on the Kitfox SS7 to more accurately price it out. I believe there have been individuals here who have purchased Oratex for the SS7 which I would think the data would have been retained on file. After I gave him the data he required on the plan views provided by the builders manual I have yet to get any information. I have sent an email with a reminder that I am still waiting for the detailed price quote and as of yet, crickets from the other end. Can anyone speak to their experience with customer service from Oratex. This is a bit concerning to me and Im somewhat uneasy with ordering this stuff at all as a result. It seems I can reach them by telephone easy enough but to have emails ignored may just be the start.
    Eddie
    I've always found Lars to be very accessable on the phone (even fairly late into the night). Paul, a little less so. They're not always real quick with email. There are 2 of us in Colorado building SS 7s with Oratex. They should have the info you need.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Yes his work has significantly increased Im told. I'm looking at being in need of this product very soon if I am going to proceed with my build. Hoping that I can get my panel started this weekend maybe or putting primer in my wing structures. I guess its time to place an order for the firewall forward.
    Im done mounting the Garmin Pitot tube with the exception of the tubing. As I a have not purchased the Garmin panel yet can someone tell me about how they did their tubing? Kitfox provided one 30' length of tubing but It seams I will need two as the Garmin has a second line. Presumably its for the AOA line. Can anyone advise as to how they routed the two airlines. I suppose they are routed along the aft wing spar and pass through the butt rib along with the fuel lines and electrical for the nav lights?
    thanks
    Eddie

Eddie,
    I talked pretty often with Lars during my covering. He was always available and helpful. Suggest calling in the evening/night though as he is on Alaska time but often on the phone with Germany until quite late/early our time.
    I routed the pitot lines to the aft edge of the fuel tank and then ran them between the tank flange and the spar.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Thank You Gary
    Do I need to buy a second air line from Kitfox or Do you think I can get it from Garmin or Aircraft Spruce?

This is how I routed my hoses and wires. Not sure if its the best way, I guess time will tell. I have shrink wrap around everything for extra protection where is in contact with adjacent parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images