Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Electric trim fail

Default Electric trim fail

Hi,
    My Model IV trim motor stopped moving in the down position one day a while back. I held the trim button down hard for a moment and it actuated the trim tab. So I think it is the switch. I read about the motor failing with excessive grease contaminating motor electrical, but I'm starting here. Do I need to disassemble this switch wiring to clean contacts? Are these things soldered into the chinaman hat switch? Ideas? comments?
    Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Electric trim fail

Replace. Of coarse thats after you have verified all your wires are connected appropriately.
    Read AeroElectric chapter on switches. The book is free Online, Just have to download.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

switch the switch, couldn't resist.

I suspect the switch, I think I am on my third switch, its the consul mounted one.
    The contacts in the switch arc and burn , there only good for so many cycles.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Thanks for the reply. I'll order a switch from Spruce after I read the material you suggested. Thanks again. While the engine install has gone slowly considering it was supposed to be "like Item" replacement, I am overall happy with the progress. Here is a pic of the inspection happening.
    Attached Images Attached Images