Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 670 Rotax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 670 Rotax

Just wondering what people who have installed a 670 think of them after being in service for a while. Any comments? Would you do it again? How long have you been using one, ect, ect? JImChuk

Default Re: 670 Rotax

My friend has one in his 701. I think it’s an awesome engine. I have no real insight except he loves it and would do it again.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Thanks Josh, anyone else? JImChuk

Jim,
    I just bought a 670 from Ron Davis, it is in a box on the way to my hangar. It looks great, I will be sure and post the experience. I expect that by end of Feb I'll be in the air.
    Nick

I've known three people to install 670s. Two of the planes have been sold with one pilot no longer flying. The other purchased a 912 powered plane. The third example was finally converted to a 912 after several engine-outs and is still being flown. Two of these engines came from the famous "Rotax" guy in Florida.

All three would say the power and performance was extremely impressive when they were running right. To get them to run right in an aircraft takes almost constant tinkering and adjusting. The engines were very temperamental and high maintenance. If you don't mind this aspect of the engine, go for it.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Well, I am committed now. I'll let you know how it goes. Did they tell you what needed tinkering?