Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Esser's Build

Default Re: Esser's Build

Hey Josh, do you have a copy of the Matco drawing that came with the tailwheel ?. If so, have a read of the back side of the drawing showing the parts list. This explains the operation of the breakout mechanism operating when you exceed the nominal angle, set at around 23 deg. If you don't have a copy, I can pm you with a photocopy. Hope this helps ....
    David
    SS7 Builder

Hi David. Thanks for the reply. I do have that drawing already thanks. If you look at that part list, item 21 is where I think my problem is. That bushing is moving. So when it’s turned the way it’s machined doesn’t allow the arm to enhance against the pin. The bushing moves independently of the wheel
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Hey again Josh. I had a look at my Matco tailwheel. The steering arms are quite loose and according to the Matco drawing, they shouldn't be (the bolts attaching them to the wing are supposed to be torque tightened against domed washers and Bellville washers). So I'm thinking that these bolts haven't been torqued up. Maybe this is the reason one of your steering arms looks to be rotated (from what I can see on your first photo) - or it's been twisted somehow. Also, from your description, the actual steering pin looks to be loose. I haven't pulled my tailwheel assembly apart yet, but it looks like the steering pin is secured to the central bush - it's hard to tell from the drawing how the steering pin is located. Maybe that pin isn't tightened.

I guess what I'm suggesting is to pull the assembly apart and then reassemble and torque tighten per the drawing requirements. I plan on doing that in the next week or so myself so if I do that before you get the chance, I'll let you know how I get on.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Thanks David. On closer inspection I see what you mean. I’m going to try to get to this in the next day or so. I’ll let you know how I make out
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I’ve been doing lots but not much to really post. Waiting on one last order to tie up the loose ends. Or at least most of them. Looks like I’m a couple months away at this pace. Could be a lot sooner but I’m in no rush to work out kinks in the winter.

Installed all the fuel lines today. Waiting on four special order tees to finish everything off.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Esser; 01-15-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

It’s alive! My power supply came in the mail. Such a small thing but wow does it make you feel like you’re getting somewhere!

------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Nicely done Josh! Looking forward to your progress!
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Nice job Josh 👍

And it appears you kept all the smoke in the wires, that is a victory in my book, good job Josh! Bruce N199CL

Nice job Josh. Hope to be there soon myself. I will be delving into electrical work here in the next two weeks I believe.
    Has to feel good to see electrons work.
    Eddie