Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flaperon push tube question

Default Flaperon push tube question

I have a question about the push tube that goes from the control stick back to the flaperon controller. It has a slight bend in it. I have it installed and when I put the seat pan in, the push tube rubs against the seat pan. How is the tube supposed to be positioned so that it will not rub. Has anyone else had this happen? What was your solution?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Flaperon push tube question

Good Afternoon,

I had the same issue and was quite puzzled. I removed the control arm and flipped it 180, reinstalled and everything was perfect. I think the manual is a little vague on the direction of the rod for proper installation.

Thanks

Default Re: Flaperon push tube question

You should find that the clevis ends allow quite a bit of rotation of that push rod tube. Adjust the clevis positions on the rod such that it remains clear of the seat pan and the fuselage structure. I also put some large OD plastic washers on either side of the clevis ends to limit total free rotation. The ID of the washers is large enough to not be a part of the bolt clamp up, if that makes sense.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon