Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oratex

Default Re: Oratex

I was set on Oratex for awhile, but now I am almost starting to think it might be worth my time just to go the Poly route.

I did contact the Oratex folks about two weeks ago for an estimate, 3 days later I got a reply saying they needed more info about the type of plane. I sent my reply no more than a few hours later. I still haven't heard back... I don't care what your product is, thats bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    I was set on Oratex for awhile, but now I am almost starting to think it might be worth my time just to go the Poly route.

I did contact the Oratex folks about two weeks ago for an estimate, 3 days later I got a reply saying they needed more info about the type of plane. I sent my reply no more than a few hours later. I still haven't heard back... I don't care what your product is, thats bad business.
    Call Lars Gleitsmann (907) 229-6792 or Paul Mills (907) 440-7033. They respond quickly if contacted.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

When I ordered my oratex , I delt
    With Paul Mills . I had no issues whatsoever ,
    And I am very pleased with the product .
    Mike .

Thanks, I will give them a call.

What amount of extra materials would folks suggest ordering ahead of time so not to run into a waiting game down the road?
    Last edited by Swanny; 08-14-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Hello anyone using Oratex for their project.
    My brother and I have decided we will do the Oratex for our Kitfox 5 project and would like to know if anyone within 500-600 miles of central Wisconsin is looking at applying Oratex to there plane in the near future. We would love to take a road trip and help out, watch, observe if anyone out their would allow us to do this. So please, if you know, are, or know of anyone using Oratex for a Kitfox or any other project we would be very greatful to be able to come and observe it being applied. And we promise, any errors we may observe will be kept secret!!
    Let me know and feel free to PM me.
    Thanks,
    Joe Leeman
    Wisconsin

I live in Kenosha and used Oratex on my project. PM me and we can get together.
    John Grueter
    N188LR
    Kenosha, WI
    Series 7 Super Sport - flying!

I am still trying to decide if Oratex is the fabric for me also. I wonder if there is someone in the Portland, OR area that is using it.

Joe G.

I'm just in the middle of finalizing my order of Oratex for my Model 6.

Just so you all know, they now have a new material that has a backing on it so that it's not translucent at all - which I know is a complaint of some.