Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A210 intercom

Default A210 intercom

I have an Icom A210 and it has a built in intercom. The wiring diagram shows a switch to activate the intercom mode. Does this mean it is not voice actuated? If so, can I use a spdt switch, where the NC position is the intercom always on, until I use the NO position for the ptt?

Default Re: A210 intercom

A friend has one in his plane and no, it does not need to be switch activated, it's voice activated.

I'm putting one in my project Kitfox due to how well it works for my friend...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I had a 200 in my model 2 ..worked well,..I'm conflicted between MGL's v6 and or an a210..
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Thumbs down Re: A210 intercom

I have A210 in my Kitfox, the switch is to isolate the intercom. I am very dissatisfied w/A210 also not much factory support
    David McCormick
    Kitfox Classic IV powered by Jabiru 2200
    Based at Jersey Shore, Pa P96

I have the A210 and yes, it is voice activated. I also have an isolation switch installed. One of the problems with the voice activation in the A210 is cockpit noise. If you can suppress the noise and adjust the sensitivity, then I think you'd be happy with it. Also, if you haven't already done so, get yourself a good pair of noise canceling headsets such as Lightspeed or Bose. A little pricey but worth it.
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster