Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 elec.fuel pump

Question 912 elec.fuel pump

C.P.S. Offers 2 Facet elec. fuel pumps Model # 8501 rated at 2.5-4.5 psi
    and model # 8502 rated at 4-6 psi Wich one is the correct one to use on a Rotax 912 80 hp? Also is the correct place to mount the pump between the gasolator and the engine? With the return line going back to the gasolator.

Thank's Dutch.

Default Re: 912 elec.fuel pump

Dutch,

I installed the 8501 as the pressure spec is within the range for the rotax working fuel pressure for my engine (912 100hp). A person wants to avoid over pressurizing the carb as this can result in a rich mixture, flooding or fuel spillage overboard. I'd double check the manual for your specific engine and be sure to select an electric pump with a pressure spec which is within the limits and not close to or over the high limit.

For mounting, the facet needs to be as low as you can mount it in the system as the pump pushes, but does not "pull" worth a darn.

People have them mounted in different spots - mine is low ahead of the fuel valve under the console

Not sure what kind of a return line you are talking about????

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp

Wink Re: 912 elec.fuel pump

Thanks Dave

The model 8501 Facet is what I have ordered. I just was not sure it was the right choice. Thanks for the confirmation. The return line is the line to avoid vapor lock when the engine is hot. It apparently needs to be restricted with a small orifice. I believe it connects just before the tee and runs back to the main line before the pumps. Apparently after shut-off the pressure builds up to as much as 11 lb so this line relieves the pressure.

Thank's Dutch

Default Re: 912 elec.fuel pump

Dutch,

Thanks for the additional explanation on the return line...thought that might be it but wasn't sure. Makes sense. I didn't want to take a chance on misleading you if it was something else.

That is something I still need to install on my engine ......following shutdown on a hot day....it gets a bit embarrasing to try to restart after the hot soak. The bleed line is definitly needed.

I do not have a gascolator so will need to run the return line back to the tank.

Cheers,

Dave S