Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: build time for a SS7

Default Re: build time for a SS7

You should consider what time it takes for a person to build a scratch built aircraft. I started a P.O.S. (Piece of S**t) composite aircraft, it took well over 3000 hours, I was getting pretty close to completion and developed a sensitivity to the Epoxy. Considering I wore glove 99% of the time I was surprised I developed a sensativity. Not only am I sensitive to Epoxy, I am also now sensitive to Latex Gloves. I would never recommend building from scratch, and not if you have a life.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Default Re: build time for a SS7

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    You should consider what time it takes for a person to build a scratch built aircraft...
    I know all about that, Paul. My son was 6 months old when I started to build my Thorp in 1975, from 236 blue line drawings & raw metal. He was almost 16 when I completed & test-flew it in 1990. Luckily, I didn't develop an allergy to aluminum.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime