Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model IV w/912 - fuel hoses too short

Default Model IV w/912 - fuel hoses too short

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of upgrading my Kitfox Model IV from the 80HP 912 to the 100HP model.

I just picked up a brand new 912ULS earlier this week. The problem I am having is that the new 912's come with factory made fuel hoses with banjo fittings on the ends, and because the engine mount configuration on the Model IV's require me to swap the intake manifold from the left side to the right, that carbs are now farther apart and the fuel hoses are too short.

One option is for me to use the old fuel pump and carbs from my 80HP engine, but it would be a shame not to use the new carbs that came with the new engine.

Another option would be for me to use the new carbs but mount them with the throttle linkages inboard, if I did this the fuel hoses would probably reach. I don't like this idea though because it would make inspecting the throttle linkages and syncing the carbs more difficult.

The best option in my mind would be to fabricate a new fuel hose assembly similar to the one supplied by the factory, but with longer hoses. In order to do this, I either need to find a source for the banjo fittings at the carb connection, or find a hose barb fitting that threads into the carb instead of the banjo bolt.

Have any of you guys ran into this issue? If so what did you do to solve it?
    I've attached photos of the factory supplied fuel hose assembly that I need to extend.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Randy

Default Re: Model IV w/912 - fuel hoses too short

I thought I saw that Rotax has those fittings available direct... ?

Next I would try the local NAPA or hydraulics shop to see if they can make a system up for you.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi,
    There are barb fittings available from Rotax for the carb connections, then you can make your own hoses to whatever length you require.I think you will find them and their part numbers in the parts manual, you will also need the crush washers.

Where didyou get your engine?

Murray's Air in High River is where I get my Rotax 912 ULS parts, I believe Doug is their rotax guy.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Thanks guys, I will hunt through the parts catalog and see if I can find either the banjo fitting or a hose barb that threads into the carb.

I bought the engine from Rotech Research in Vernon, BC.