Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Aircraft visits EAA Chapter 1445 Chandler,AZ

Default Kitfox Aircraft visits EAA Chapter 1445 Chandler,AZ

Yesterday, John McBean of Kitfox Aircraft LLC addressed a local chapter of EAA. He gave a great Power Point presentation on all things Kitfox to a standing room only meeting room in the beautiful Chandler Airport Terminal building.
    P1110438.jpg
    John included Kitfox history from day one in 1984 to present, design, flight characteristics, kit information with pricing, S-LSA facts and figures, flapperons versus aileron/flap comparisons and so much more. It is always apparent when in John's presence how much he loves this little aircraft and it's capabilities and how happy he is to share the Kitfox experience and community with others.

Several Kitfox owners and builders from the local area were present and parked their beautiful Kitfoxs on the ramp for Chapter members to look over and ask questions after the presentation. I had the pleasure of meeting some TeamKitfox members at the event. Always great to put faces to names.
    P1110440.jpg
    P1110455.jpg
    P1110424.jpg
    P1110447.jpg

Many of us traveled down to the south end of the airport to Bob Meyer's hangar where he is building a 7 SS to look over his project. Thanks Bob. Keep up the great work.
    P1110466.jpg

Thanks to John for making time to share with the chapter members and their guests 30 years of history and what is happening now with Kitfox Aircraft. Thanks to EAA Chapter 1445 for their hospitality and all the Kitfox owners and builders in the Chapter and on the field for sharing their aircraft on a very warm Arizona Saturday.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Kitfox Aircraft visits EAA Chapter 1445 Chandler,AZ

That was one of our most memorable meetings. We look forward to seeing John and Debra again at Copperstate Fly in this October!
    Bob
    S-7 Super Sport, Flying
    Phoenix,AZ

Steve,

Thanks for putting the rest of us in the audience! John delivers the best customer service that I've ever seen!! John even visited my garage during my build. Great Airplane and great company!!!

Scott

Happy to do it Scott. It was a great meeting and the Chapter has some very active members building some interesting aircraft.

Update- as of this post John is about 50 miles from Homedale, ID already after leaving Chandler at about 5:45 am this morning. His flight time down was 5.5 hours. What a great aircraft.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

This is great company support and a show of commitment to the aviation community. Kudos to John, Can't wait for my SS7 to arrive in June early July.
    Wonder if he will consider the east coast, long flight.

Thanks for the photos DF4...they captured the good time had by all. Was a great event with the Kitfoxer's that were able to make it. Thanks to EAA Chapter 1445 for hosting it and a BIG thanks to John McBean for taking the time to fly down.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Meanwhile...I got to spend the weekend on a USAF inspection team in windy, 400-foot-overcast Little Rock, Arkansas instead of "Foxing" across town to Chandler.

I'm beginning to think I'm gonna have to rethink this whole "remaining gainfully employed" thing as it's SERIOUSLY cutting into my hobby time!

Sorry to miss you again, John...

"E.T."
    (sigh)