Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sight Gauge Plate installation.... SS7

Default Re: Sight Gauge Plate installation.... SS7

Here are the sight Gauges out of 703KA

I did not have any problem seeing the fuel, when I used Auto Fuel. However, ever since I only used 3 tanks of Auto Fuel, now I only use 100LL because of the Gasohol is required in Texas. I really do not want to have to do another Carb rebuild, along with sloshing the tanks. The Fuel Cost savings is not worth the hassle that was cause by the crap that was released into my fuel system after using it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

There is a vendor that caters to PPC flyers who offers a glass tube (or similar) with a floating orange pill. It has brass 90's and looks like it would fit or adapt to the kitfox configuration. I have a friend that uses it on his trike which has fuel tanks that were fabricated from stainless steel trays that are used on steam tables like you would see in a cafeteria setup. Two trays with the seam tig welded makes a 7 gallon tank looking similar to our header tanks only bigger. I thought it was a pretty cool way to repurpose something for a totally different application. I will try to find the website and post it later.

Sight tube kit

Add a sight tube to your gas tank. Kit comes complete with everything that you need to add a sight tube to your tank. Adequate line for 24" Tank Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 10 15 20 25 30 $17.00

http://www.bearperkins.com/accessories.htm

It's hard to see but there is an orange floatie in the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    Lol on the hat Lowell And Cool on that Bruce, sounds like you have the solution, did you have to remove the wire inside of the tubing or did you drill a hole in the center of the cork and slide it on the wire?
    No wire needed in my setup, as I have brass elbows that make my turns, clear tygon for the sight gauge with the cork floating on its own. Bruce