Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: HELP with Model 4 or new Vertical dimensions

Default HELP with Model 4 or new Vertical dimensions

Looking for some Info. If anyone out there could please measure the width of the vertical stab from the Leading edge to the trailing edge at the base of the vertical and at the tip of the vertical. This info would be really helpful to me for some research I am doing

Default Re: HELP with Model 4 or new Vertical dimensions

At the base it measures 29". At the top you are dealing with a radius that almost comes to a tangent at the point where the rudder attaches to the vertical. I dropped down 2" from the top and measured 9" chord at that point. I hope this is helpful, if you need anything else it's just a short hop across the driveway to my shop.

Just in case you wanted the chord of the vertical fin and rudder those dimensions are 48" at the base (just above the Horizontal Stabilizer) and again at 2" down from the top I got 21".

Default Re: HELP with Model 4 or new Vertical dimensions

Thank you so much. If you wouldn't mind what is the total height as well from fuselage to top at the trailing edge.