Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So a guy walks into a plane and .......

Default Re: So a guy walks into a plane and .......

So, you need to start working on the story about how it really happened. Let's see a young lady was being attacked by a guy with a knife, and aaa..... And
    being the gentleman that I am, I went to her defense. Yea that's the ticket!

No, I was on a Bear hunting trip in Alaska, I was staring it down . . . .

I almost amputated my thumb once, that has got to hurt. The nose is one of the worst places to get cut. The cut hurts like the devil, the shots to annesticize the nose hurt like the devil, then once the annesticizia wears off, it hurts like the devil all over again. Aaaaah, that's the story, I've had a several skin cancers removed. WaLa, no more funny jokes and harassment.

I hope you the best. Don't forget the pain pills, and drink a beer or two, it will make the pain a lot less noticeable.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

If they ever spray my plane with Luminol it's going to look like the scene
    of a mass murder, it has bitten me so many times. Doors and flaperons the
    most.

I have a diamond shaped scar in my forehead from an F-4J Phantom Tail
    but that's more a badge of honor than a wound, so I never bothered with
    the usual anchor tattoo ...

Jeff

Thanks Paul, the anesthesia shots were brutal (I confess brought tears to my eyes). As for the lady in distress that would be the one that got the text message "not flying, in ER getting nose put back on". Still trying to figure where the burly bikers with switch blades come in. Turns out cutting off your nose to spite your face really is a bad idea, who knew.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

… I tell ya, it woulda killed a normal man. Probably twice over.

… and he said, "Wrecked 'em, heck it dam near killed 'em."

I did something similar back in '97. Got in a wreck on my motorcycle and peeled the windshield off with my nose as I went over the handlebars. The top edge hit me right at the bridge of my nose, almost took the whole thing off. The 32 stitches and associated shots were murder, but paled in comparison to the later "reduction" appointment. This is when they take the freshly knitted bone fragments and move them around to make your nose functional again. I hope you don't need that…

(Okay I'll stop now…)
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Wow.... I am VERY sorry to read this... hope you heal well real soon!

I agree with Lowell...... and I think we all need to think about how we might prevent/lessen the opportunity for such an injury.... lots of foam pipe insulation?

I have the bottom of my butt ribs cased in it right now, as I have cut my scalp a couple times on the bottom of the butt ribs, installing the fuel system, etc...

Take care,
    Grover
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

That's funny, I bet the Lady was not happy.

I've had work done on my nose, top of the ear, and the top of my head. I'm not sure, I really don't know which shot hurts worse, but I think it might be the nose.

I would suggest changing the story every week. There was a young lady in the Dallas area that got out of a Pits BiPlane and she walked into the turning prop. She had her hand cut off and lost an eye.

I must admit after having a biopsy on the nose, I'm glad it wasn't cancerous because that would have meant I needed to have another bout of shots in the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsal View Post
    Thanks Paul, the anesthesia shots were brutal (I confess brought tears to my eyes). As for the lady in distress that would be the one that got the text message "not flying, in ER getting nose put back on". Still trying to figure where the burly bikers with switch blades come in. Turns out cutting off your nose to spite your face really is a bad idea, who knew.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Ouch! Sorry to see.
    You should change your screen name to Tycho B.

Dorsal, so sorry for your injury and pain. Hope you mend ok. Flapperon trailing edges are high in causation of fox bites. I think I'll get some of those foam pipe insulators and pad mine after seeing the results of a full blown fox attack. Glad they're not rabid. Usually.

Add the Go-Pro camera mount out on the lift strut as one item that will knock you to the floor if encountered at too high a speed. That one hurt for a week.

Get well soon Dorsal.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Dorsal,

I’m still grabbing my nose thinking about it. All I can think of was going to the Dermatologist. My brother had Squamous Cell Carcinoma on both sides of his nose, the reconstructive surgery was unbelievable. He said it was the worst surgery he had to survive. Hope you get past the pain soon, and I hope you don’t have a problem with the re-attachment! All I can say is OUCH!

Paul Z
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Ouch !! Sorry to see
    You get a Kitfox battle scar