Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December Kitfox flying in Arizona

Default Re: December Kitfox flying in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    The low pass was at 140 mph.
    The rest of the time I'm in the 110 to 120 mph range.

Here is my modification I posted some time ago. It really works.
    Nuetral density filter modification to GoPro Black edition camera
    thanks for going over the info again. That is for sure a winter project for me now so I can get my Hero3 black working as good as yours.

Slyfox- this mod works. I spent more time trying to locate the stupid tool kit. GoPro uses the smallest torx "bolts" I've ever seen. Harbor Freight had a kit finally. Should have tried them first.

On a side note- I've since seen some GoPro Black editions with no screws holding the lens cover on. They must do design changes quickly at GoPro.
    There is still a solution available for that iteration. It's a snap on neutral density filter made of glass. It's a little less rugged but still a viable solution.

Also I purchased my GoPro Black Edition from Cabella's for about $330.00 if memory serves. Most places are in the $399.00 range. Not sure if Cabella's is still at that price but worth a look.

The down side to the wifi remote is it uses battery power quickly. I may look into the battery backpack option from GoPro which would also require a backpack case. I carry 3 fully charged camera batteries with me which I can change on the ground but does you no good when it craps out while flying.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I've had my black for a while and it has the screws on the front. I will check out harbor freight for the torx set. I also noted the high use of battery on the wifi. which works real good on my smart phone. My thought was to install a ubs port and drill a hole in the case and than hook it up. thus giving it a working charge all the time. thanks for the help

also I bought my hero from best buy, they had the same price as anybody else. what they offered was the card and I think a case for free. so that's where I got mine.

Oil changing time for my 912ULS. Had to fly to warm it up good. It was 68 degrees F. Climbing warmed it up to 190 degrees. The sky was so blue I had to go up and get some of that blue on my Kitfox.
    Not an exciting video but not every flight is down at cactus level.
    You can ride along if you like and see just how far Phoenix urban sprawl goes to the North. Take note that DVT airport is considered on the North side of Phoenix. Last big housing development in the video is Del Webb's Anthum.

You will see in the first part a Cessna 210 departing on the parallel runway. He wanted to turn N.E. and I was out climbing him and had to finally level off to let him turn on his N. E. heading. He passed right over me and by only 400 feet or so. Just messing with him a little. I'm so naughty. Those Kitfoxs have a reputation for being so slow. Ya right.

North departure from DVT

P.S. - Oil is changed and no leaks. Ready for 25 more hours of Kitfoxing fun and I used a different program to process this short video. I didn't use GoPro's Studio 2 this time. I see the vignetting is still present in the corners of the video. I used something free called Video Pad.
    I'm still experimenting with this video uploading thing.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Great video's DF4, just had my Kitfox up this afternoon.....just a little cooler than your temps (wish I was there) 21F at wheels up but still a warmer sunny day than what we have been having. Super smooth skies but chilly after an hour or so of flying. I'm about 30 minutes from Oshkosh.

Dan
    Dan G.
    Model IV 1200 - Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200
    Flying

How Cool! You made the SocialFlight video of the week! Congrats!

Got it on my SocialFlight event planner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Great video of flight to Thunder Ridge, Been There Done That, a few years back, Thanks again Steve, your adopted brother Jim Tate!

Thanks Jim. Good to hear from you. We've had some fun flights.
    You need a Kitfox BTW.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear