Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throttle linkage

Default Re: Throttle linkage

McFarlane has two softer springs for the Rotax 912; somewhat softer (#6534) and a much softer (can't find the part #). I have been using the 6534 for 26 hours now with no problems. It still has enough tension to keep all the slop out of the system, but does not require such high friction to keep it from creeping forward. It will still definitely go to full throttle if the cable breaks.

Jim

This is in fact, I believe more complex than we might at first think.

With my current Model IV, I used a soft spring during the test phase. I noticed on one thorough check that both springs were broken. I thought that a harmonic with the engines vibrations caused the spring breakage. I appreciate the link to the alternate spring, but with the Model IV old system with the bellcrank splitter adding a counter acting spring is actually easier than removing both springs and raplacing them with lighter springs. Paul's experience was exactly like my first Kitfox. Not an exact balance, but there was no tendency to go to full throttle if the lock button was inadvertently bumped and when setting idle, the spring tension on the throttle arm seated it firmly against the adjustment screw. I think that is the issue I have right now. I adjust and who knows if the cable is tensioned to the arm.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I did the deed. I received the original factory springs from Lockwood and installed them with the counteracting spring at the bellcrank. I was finally able to set a predictable, reproducable idle stop setting. I think I have corrected the engine shut down after landing issue. My counteracting spring exactly eliminates any throttle movement tendency.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel