Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Landing/TO distance for Kitfox IV 1200 w/ 912 100hp

Default Landing/TO distance for Kitfox IV 1200 w/ 912 100hp

I was wondering what your actual landing and takeoff distances are with the Kitfox IV 1200 with a Rotax 912 100hp? I would like to make a little strip in the field at my house and am doing a few measurements. I have not picked up my IV yet so i am hoping you guys can provide some real world numbers. Not test pilots and at sea level. Also, any information at max gross weight would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks

Default Re: Landing/TO distance for Kitfox IV 1200 w/ 912 100hp

Our IV with a 912S, extended gear, and 620# empty weight would take off in 90 ft. and I could get it down and stopped in 230ft. This was at an elevation of 2200ft, with half tanks and solo. Takes a lot of practice especially to get the landing down.
    Ty
    Kitfox IV-1200

I have the 80hp and @ gross it takes me about 350' to get off. I put in a 900' strip at my house obstacles at one end fence at the other. I flew a hundred hours before trying to get in it. I have now been using it for a couple of years. There is nothing better than having your plane out in the barn. With some practice and a 100hp you shouldn't have any trouble.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

Good to hear. I will have about 1000' but with obstacles at the end if a go around is necessary. Will only be one way in one way out. Slight upslope though so that should help. Ill be sure to get some solid 3 point landing practice before trying it.