Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video recorders -- which are the best

Default Re: Video recorders -- which are the best

That's an interesting looking camera, Paul.

I wonder if it will have the same prop "boomerang" problems my Oregon Scientific camera has... ?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

The short answer.. YES. It is just how ANY CMOS camera captures the image. They need to come out with a CCD helmet cam! You can put some ND filter paper in front of your lens and get rid of the boomerang twang

This link provides some good information on sensors and shutter types - both of which affect how your videos will ultimately turn out.

http://www.dvxuser.com/jason/CMOS-CCD/
    RobS

Smile Re: Video recorders -- which are the best

Thanks for all of the great info and feedback. That's what makes this site such a valuable resource, usually tons of help and replies. Still don't know which camera I'll end up with as I also want to use the camera on my catamaran. A little more research and I should end with a good camera. Thanks for the input!
    Kurt
    4-1050
    80hp
    Warpdrive
    Osceola, Wi.

I have a video up on youtube named something like "devron gets his butt kicked by the boat" I had the Gopro stuck on the console using the suction cup mount. I also did alot of video with it stuck onthe bow of the boat to get a clear shot of just the water. The supplied mount works GREAT on fiberglass or any smooth surface. I was out pounding around in 4' chop at 40 mph and the mount held very solid!

My fiancee works for them, so I get to play with their stuff and test it out.

I think the GoPro is a sharper image (shhh) but the onboard display, remote (IR), waterproofness (down to 65 ft!) and extra wide angle make it a cool product.

Compared to a DLSR though, all these little CMOS cameras look poor:

I use a Panasonic Lumix LS3 as my everyday point and shoot, partly because it also shoots 720p at 24fps through a very nice little lens:

If you're not obsessed with external mounting, I think it's the way to go. For $400 you also get to take some nice stills, and still stuff it in your pocket.

Maybe You guys miss that one, it is new on the market. The Oregon Scientific introduces the new ATC9K Waterproof to 20 metres, and a new G Sensor feature this all-in-one HD camera is the latest offering from Oregon Scientific.

The ATC9K HD Action Camera introduces some impressive new features to the Oregon Scientific range. Specifically designed for extreme sports enthusiasts and professionals, the built-in G-sensor can measure the force of gravity during acceleration, while the unique optional GPS plug-in allows users to record location and altitude data along with their video to track their route on a Google Map during playback. This makes it perfect for sports trainers and professional sportsmen, allowing them to record and review every detail of their performance.

The camera doesn’t fail to deliver on the rest of its feature set either. 1080p/30fps or 720p/60fps High Definition video and 5MP photos record every moment with beautiful clarity, while the IR remote control, multiple mounts and an LCD screen make this camera incredibly versatile and easy to use. On top of that, the ATC9K is waterproof to 20 metres, so you really can take it literally anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coEJz...eature=related

Good night....dream on it

Eric